Stylish amp design . WIFE factor

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
And now a pic of some of the prototypes.

Magura :)

Attachments

• 1_dsc_1775.jpg
    1_dsc_1775.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 1,436
with the proliferation of receiver/home theater systems that almost require remotes, one could retrofit a Yamaha receiver into a dark plexiglas enclosure of almost any shape that the wife finds attractive for the living room. the remote controls everything, and actual operation of knobs and switches is not neccesary.

i had to go wireless for the computer network in the house. my wife hates the sight of cables and wires. when i build an amp and preamp, i suppose i could design in a simple wireless remote system and make it simple enough for my wife to understand. i don't want to use IR or ultrasonics. the IR has problems with line of sight, and ultrasonics can false trigger. i think RF would work best FM and tone encoding would be the simplest control system.

lol, I take her by the hand and show her "pull that plug, only that one.. don't touch anything else..." My source and volume controll box is seperate and small... totaly pasive, so she can go crazy with that if she wants too... she is normally the DJ...

By the time the amp is finished in 2010 it will remotely flip flop the main transformer with a small standby one...

Blues said:
Very nice, Morten! I 'd like to suggest moving the feet back or just making it one piece (round, thin & wide) in the middle, so at some viewpoint to make it look like the case (puck(?) - think air hockey) is floating...:)

Thanks, this is just prototypes so far.

The central single foot/floating concept, has been taken into consideration, but has been decided against, as stacking would look somewhat funny then.

Magura :)

Never ask your wife about what speaker to buy

She will tell you to buy a "pillow phone"... then she will banish the pillow phone out, because it is an amenace to the marriage intimate life.

Fone de travesseiro... pillow phone.... that thing you put your head to sleep.. the pillow phone is small, alike a disk, very flat, to use inside the pillow and not to disturb people with loud music.

hehehe

Carlos

You poor poor helpless people!!:xeye:

The way it is done for those who have both "style" and "wealth" is with something that sits on a table, or is mounted on a wall, or is a little remote with an LCD color screen. You punch in what you want, and whatever that is - it magically appears or is heard.

You, the owner, has no idea how it works, or where it comes from, or what it is, or even how to do anything to it that the remote(s) do not do with a button push. In fact you probably don't really know how to use all the features on the remote anyhow - if you do it will be screwed up, so you don't. But, if it screws up, you dial a number and a nice man in a crisp clean outfit shows up and does things, or so you are told, since you are off someplace else during this process.

In otherwords, invisible.

The rest of us are just hopeless nutters, perhaps with wives, GF, or SO that will put up with the madness. That, no matter how sleek or clean or otherwise disguised you make that bit of equipment... :D

_-_-bear

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.