Stuff BR Box FE126e?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
What are the inside dimensions? Can you get at the inside to mutate them if necessary?

17 litres is a lot. Sims of 1.5 (Q=0.7), 13, 17, 100 litres (top to bottom). 3 litres (Q= 0.51) is about half-way between 1.5 & 100

dave

Attachments

• FE126e-sealed.gif
    FE126e-sealed.gif
    39.2 KB · Views: 156
The cabinets are for an ADS L400 and the inside dimensions are 16 1/2 x 8 1/2 x 7. There is a 6" woofer hole to insert any number of pieces of 2x4 lumber to reduce the interior dimensions and stiffen the cab. I'm pulling the table saw out tomorrow and cut up some pieces if I really need to, but the L400 box is actually quite nice. I could also just cut out the front baffle (where drivers are mounted) entirely and leave a lip to mount a new front baffle from the inside reducing the 7" depth to 5.65" and get about 13L.

Last edited:
It seems rather odd to me to have such a narrow baffle. There isn't a speaker I have ever seen with such a narrow dimension. Intuitively, speaker output would wrap around the left and right and disappear instead of coming at me and giving me my money's worth. Am I wrong to worry about that? I kind of want to see several inches on either side of that driver projecting sound at me. Though I will admit, I am just a pirate and have never dabbled in speaker country.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
It seems rather odd to me to have such a narrow baffle. There isn't a speaker I have ever seen with such a narrow dimension. Intuitively, speaker output would wrap around the left and right and disappear instead of coming at me and giving me my money's worth. Am I wrong to worry about that? I kind of want to see several inches on either side of that driver projecting sound at me. Though I will admit, I am just a pirate and have never dabbled in speaker country.

That is the way Tim specified it. Keep the length & cross-section the same -- you can make the width what you want. 140mm is what the FH is.

dave

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
The folded design shown on post #9 looks like it would fit in the boxes I already have. Going to have to think about how to replace the front and be able to retain the use of the grill covers.

I was looking for that drawing... it is the folded version of the design i posted and the intention was that it could fit inside your existing box.

dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.