StreamUnlimited dedicated to high end CD

Frankly, I spoke with them personally on IFA in 2016 and they admitted they had problems with the drives available, (Sanyo SF-HD850 and Sony KHM-313) especially with reliability and longetivety. I asked them if they had any influence in designing the drives or any influence on quality control.
They denied both. At this time in 2016, no drives were on display at IFA, they completely concentrated on selling Streaming.
I guess this is why they were so open to admit they were dependent on crap.

I see now that the platter is different, but this is easy to do. So I still assume their drives are as good (or bad) as any ordinary SF-HD850. Interestingly I never found any official Sanyo site offering them as OEM solutions to HiFi-companies, like Philips did with defunct Daisy-Lasers. And Sanyo was bought by Panasonic and on Panasonics pages you find no hint of OEM DVD/CD storage solutions.So I assume some no-namers build the drives now - maybe even with lesser quality...
All the best,
Salar

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Again, it does not matter what the artist wants. The market is not interested in optical media anymore. Smart phones are the weapon of choice for young people (together with the streaming hype). They are the target for musicians and record companies. Mainly the elder people like quality recordings and CD's. Most new DAC chips are designed for smart phones too :D

Personally I don't care for the declining CD market as I don't like the space CD's take. CD has had a good life. Never looked back after comparing CD's on quality devices to harddisk/SSD based files on a quality audio player.

Last edited: