• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Strange behavior with DSF files

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a BIII SE fed by an exaU2I. I use the latest version of JRiver and Win10. When I play a dsf file JRiver reports that it is playing 352.8 kHz 64bit. It works and sounds great as long as I have the FIR roll off set to OFF, which gives a slow roll off. If I move the dip switch to ON (Fast). There is a lot of distortion. I cannot figure out why the FIR setting would cause this. Does anyone have an idea what is going on here. I looked at the data sheet and I do not see anything in there that helps me with this.

John

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.