STR-VA555ES quadraphonic mode

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I'm new to the forum and I was hoping you might be able to help.

I've got a Sony STR-VA555ES and I'm having a party on the weekend with quite a few people coming so some loud music will be required.

Is there any way I can send the amplifier stereo music via a digital COAX input and have the amplifier send it to front and rear speakers at the same time?

It can fake stereo as surround sound but that's not what I'm looking for. I just need it to double up the stereo signal to front and rear speakers.

I've looked all through the manual and done some googling but nothing obvious has come up.

Ross

To my knowledge there is no way to do this.
On the STR-DA4ES/7ES which are very similar but 2 years newer, you can do this. You activate the "special" menu by pressing "Enter" and "Surround" front panel buttons at the same time. In this menu you can redirect the left and right channels for testing purposes, and you can select "L,R->ALL" for an all-channel stereo type of mode. It's worth a try, but I doubt it will work for you.
The alternative is to use the multi-channel inputs with an analog source and a couple of RCA splitters.

To my knowledge there is no way to do this.
On the STR-DA4ES/7ES which are very similar but 2 years newer, you can do this. You activate the "special" menu by pressing "Enter" and "Surround" front panel buttons at the same time. In this menu you can redirect the left and right channels for testing purposes, and you can select "L,R->ALL" for an all-channel stereo type of mode. It's worth a try, but I doubt it will work for you.
The alternative is to use the multi-channel inputs with an analog source and a couple of RCA splitters.

Thank you so so much for your fast reply! I tried what you suggested by pressing surround and enter at the same time and the hidden menu came up!
I've got stereo pumping through front and rear now which is exactly what I needed!

THANKS!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.