STK407-050 module alive and kicking

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
im still trying to get to the bank, it would be so mutch easier if you have had a paypal account. Btw whats your adress again ? Im gonna try tomorrow. I do feel bad that it has taken this long but now i feel that i wanna get this payment sent. Im even gonna send some extra for the time gone and for the schematics.

Tekko said:
PPS: XELB, which one do you have ? [/B]

Mine is STK4152 II.

The Sanyo schematics came normally with 50x gain.
I have change the value for ~26. (100R and 2K)
A few members of this forum also reported that the chip becomes more stable.

The differences I notice were mainly in dynamics.
This could also be due to other changes, I don’t use inductors, I hate the slow bass they produce and I also changed a few caps.

What is the inductors for ? I dident use the zobels but i put in the inductors, maybe i should bypass them and change the gain to 26 ? Tho that will make the volume so low that i´d need a separate preamp, no ?

Do you have any pics of your amp using the module ?

You don't need pre Amp.

You have the volume knob for some reason ;)

The difference is that with ~35 gain you "block" the input to have "X" dB.
With the gain of 26 you can't "block" the same amount of signal if you want to have the same output.

The 26 gain also guaranties that I will not have clipping.

The question is, do you wont an amp to impress your friends because it plays very loud with little volume or if you want an amp that impress because it’s detailed and accurate.

Why do you give much importance to the "volume" ?

Mine STK came with 50x gain and when the volume knob passed the 1/2 it started clipping and losing quality. I couldn't use the other 50% of the volume knob :dead:

In commercial applications high gain can impress lots of people because when they test the amp they will see that, with little percentage of volume the output it’s very high.
So, they think, "… this amp have lots of power, I just use ¼ volume and the output was enormous …"
But they forget that the chip have limitations and when you reach the limitations the sound gets rubbish.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.