stereo 6G15 fender reverb with balanced in and out?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hey guys, been loving browsing through this site gotten lots of help already with a few mic pre racking jobs as well as my first forays into tube amp repair and building. so here's my first newbie post.

i wanted to ask if any of you have tried modifiying a fender tube reverb for balanced in and out, i.e. as a line level rack mounted tube reverb type of deal? i've seen quite a few line level spring reverb devices out there, but nothing that has that tube circuitry except maybe the peavey valverb? any diy schematics i could clone anyone?

i know that the 6G15 circuit is obviously meant for high impedance guitars etc. but would it just be a matter of throwing in a few input and output transformers for 600 ohm in and out? sorry for my lack of knowledge here any help would be appreciated!

ideally i'd love to get a circuit going with a stereo in and out. I am just starting to build my first standard DIY 6G15 but its already wet my appetite for something i could use off stage in the studio.

thanks!

you cant change it to balanced in and out, if the circuit isnt a balanced push-pull circuit. adding transformers will do nothing at all to the processor itself. for balanced stereo operation you would need effectively 4 of them, do you have 4 of them? :D you cannot make it stereo for the same reason.

you could add 'balanced' output, by putting a line level transformer on the output, but it would obviously not make any change to the quality, but rather just make it compatible with balanced line level inputs in the next stage.

you cant change it to balanced in and out, if the circuit isnt a balanced push-pull circuit. adding transformers will do nothing at all to the processor itself. for balanced stereo operation you would need effectively 4 of them, do you have 4 of them? :D you cannot make it stereo for the same reason.

you could add 'balanced' output, by putting a line level transformer on the output, but it would obviously not make any change to the quality, but rather just make it compatible with balanced line level inputs in the next stage.

i don't even have half of one yet, haha. thanks

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.