Spice simulation of balanced circuit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm trying to simulate a balanced opamp circuit in Tina.

Now this might sound like a stupid question but...

Should I provide the voltage source with a reference to gnd like this..

with-gnd-ref.png

Or without gnd reference like this...

without-gnd-ref.png

Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks.

Disabled Account
Joined 2008
Hi Tony

I’m not familiar with TINA, I’m using PSpice, but what I do when I’m simulating a balanced circuit is that I use 2 voltage sources, both connected to ground, and have one of them 180 degrees out of phase. You put ½ the voltage in each of them.

Cheers

Hi Tony

I’m not familiar with TINA, I’m using PSpice, but what I do when I’m simulating a balanced circuit is that I use 2 voltage sources, both connected to ground, and have one of them 180 degrees out of phase. You put ½ the voltage in each of them.

Cheers

Hi Stinius, I tried that, unfortunately Tina gives an error message "Only one input is allowed".

Thanks for the suggestion though!

The input source don't need referenced to ground at my simulations of bal. circuits in "circuitmaker". But the output load need this one. So I must use number 2 of your schematic. I think, at your software it must be the same behaivour. If you see error messages nevertheless, please try to sketch leads between all points of GND and remove the earth symbols except one pieces.
By simulate of a circlotron topology (output also balanced) I must still differentiate between an real GND and GND only for simulate at the negative output

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.