Spectro Acoustics 500 problem

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have recently acquired a Spectro Acoustics 500 that instantly blows the line fuse when powered up. The front display lights would also come on for a split second. However when I try to power it up now, no front display lights and the fuse trips more quickly. This amp has removable transistor modules. I removed the modules and tried to power it up to check for a bad transistor. Still nothing. I suspect the problem to be the bridge rectifier or the transformer itself. What other checks can I make? Also info on this amp is very scarce, how can I identify proper replacements? the transformer says Tinker Bell and the numbers 104-0013 and 8831977. The bridge rectifier says DB 2504. Can anyone help me with this repair? The amp is rated at 250 watts/ch and I feel is worth fixing. Thanks, Kyle

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.