spec and box design for EOSONE 12 inch woofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I always have my other question !!! :)

for building tapped horn

Question1: TAPPED HORN have same tuning type of TL box with 1/4 wavelength ?

Question2: do you stuffed the box to reduce length or never STUFFED TAPPED HORN ?

Question3; how calculate the opening size ?

Question4: for MAX SPL it's TAPPED and FOLDED horn ?

thanks in advance :D

nicK

Update about TAPPED HORN !

I build tapped horn with four EOSONE 12 inch.

the bass is very loud but not at the good place in room.

the problem is I can't move the box because I build this subwoofer outside the room and only the mouth is in the room. (in front corner)

anybody have TIPS to change "the BASS sweet spot" without move subwoofer ?
because for the moment all the bass is in the back corner of my room.

Room size = 22W x 14L x 8H

thanks in advance ;) !

nicK

nickthevoice said:
I always have my other question !!! :)

for building tapped horn

Question1: TAPPED HORN have same tuning type of TL box with 1/4 wavelength ?

Question2: do you stuffed the box to reduce length or never STUFFED TAPPED HORN ?

Question3; how calculate the opening size ?

Question4: for MAX SPL it's TAPPED and FOLDED horn ?

thanks in advance :D

nicK

1) Well, a horn has a 1/4 WL fundamental, but must be 1/2 WL long to load all the way down.

2) Some damping of the walls at the closed end is desirable, same as a TL. See 'geitmans' work: http://s670.photobucket.com/albums/vv68/geitmans/spud/

3) Which opening? If you mean the mouth, I imagine the formulas can be rearranged to define it, but typically you just use the desired path-length, throat and flare and whatever it winds up being is what it is.

4) For max SPL you use the biggest horn you can with the right driver specs. A tapped horn, which must be folded to get the tap is apparently the best for max SPL in a given bulk.

GM

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.