speaker simulation software for Mac OSX

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Sometimes programs do not run in WineBottler when such programs is from the DOS times, but then MAC another option.

Boxer
Download Boxer for Mac - MS-DOS game emulation based on DOSBox. MacUpdate.com
and it has sometimes needthem another unzip program as ZIP must be packaged in a different way back then, so we have

The Unarchiver
Download The Unarchiver for Mac - Replacement for the built-in unarchiver in OS X. MacUpdate.com

and then you just try out :)

This type of program one finds here
Steve Ekblad's Free Audio Software Page
Steve Ekblad's Free Audio Software and On-Line Enclosure Design

Happy DOS and Windows on Mac OS X ;)

LOL a zombie thread!

If you're handy at MATLAB, you can simulate speakers on the mac. If you don't have the cash outlay for Matlab, here come the clones-

http://freemat.sourceforge.net/
Home - Scilab WebSite
GNU Octave

Some circuit simulation apps aka SPICE for the mac are listed here: Dan's Mac OS-X EDA Page : Circuit Simulators

As I am an audio noobie, who is familiar with mac and linux boxen, I have been researching possible apps for a while, but I have not yet tried the apps as my speaker design experience is nil.

Please share your findings and results.

Well, not exactly simulations, but Clio Pocket from Audiomatica runs under OS X and I have heard that X-Over pro runs well under Wine in Linux.

There is a Wine port for OS X.

The big problem is so much design software was written for Windows XP or earlier and no one is adopting Windows 10. It would be MUCH easier for everyone if they just re-wrote the software to run under Linux. Then we could all get VirtualBox, and install. Of course, many would argue we should go to OS X, but I find OS X just as limiting as Windoze.

Best,

Erik

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.