Speaker buzz from AC 30

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A speaker with voice coil damage would need a complete recone. If such a service were available for your speaker, it would likely be almost as expensive as buying a replacement.

P.S. Not getting much feedback re the suggestions that have been made! :(

A rubbing voice coil can be caused by many things, a few are:

The cone had stress on it, or was not perfectly centered, or was exposed to moisture, etc.
Now it is mis-shapened, twisted, or offset.

The voice coil was overpowered, and the wire heated up and expanded off the coil former.

The speaker has a stamped frame, and a very heavy magnet assembly, and the cabinet was dropped and the frame is now bent.

Galu,

Yes, I already thanked you for that (the Flag).

And when I am not sure of the country of a flag, I look at the Poster's Public Profile.

Although my Flag is US, my ancestry comes from Isle of Skye.
Sometimes, I try and put a little accent in my speaking, but I am not very good at it.

I note you edited your post, but it did not mention the flag at the time I responded to it.

At the time of registering, I made a conscious decision not to reveal my exact location in Scotland. That was my prerogative.

Hope you have visited the Isle at some point - they say that some days it stops raining! :)

Galu,

I am the worst person on this Forum.
I so often go back within a 1/2 hour and edit my post.

I live in a place where it can rain for a month straight.

My brother studied at St. Andrew.

I try and remind people that Golf spelled backwards, tells what you do to the ball . . .
You Flog it!

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
We need the location to show up in each and every Post.

I would like to see everyone selecting the Flag of their home, but it is a user choosen option. More & more members are thou.

AFAIC one of the most significant mods i had Daniel ad to the BBS. It really helps with things like this and shows that we are truely an international an international forum, and also aids when issues of 2nd language is an issue (althou many, many Europeans speak better English than many native speakers)

The proper way is to do that when you join / register It shows up automatically in each and every post.

You can add or change at anytime from your Control Panel

dave

Expect a good spattering of Scottish Gaelic on the Isle of Skye, or An t-Eilean Sgitheanach as it is named on the road signs!

Attachments

• Road Sign.jpeg
    Road Sign.jpeg
    271.7 KB · Views: 62
I know St.Andrews very well ---I shop there but its cheaper in Leven/Kirkcaldy .

Your brother went to the same University as Prince William who shopped at Tesco in Market Street .

Home of Golf - The R&A .

My grannie came from the Western Isles and I learned a few words including one swear word for "kiss my ---- " .

Went to the dancing a few times at the Highlanders Institute ( Glasgow ) but all they wanted to talk about was what part of the Highlands/Islands they came from -- went to various Glasgow dance halls for years .

I learned long ago its a waste of time trying to hide your identity if you frequent the internet --too many hackers and third party info gatherers so I used my real name from the start .

Amazon knows your IP address if you don't spend time blocking it , that can locate you to within 20 miles depending on where your broadband cable goes to to connect to the national network .

Got bothered for two years then they gave up as I wasn't falling for scam /malware emails /phone calls etc but it set me on the path to find out all about how they work and where they originate from , now I help others with malware .

Planet10 --there is a very good reason why lots of Europeans speak better English than native speakers -- they aren't taught by rote nowadays to do mental arithmetic as well they are taught modern "social dogma " if you know what I mean .

I don't blame the kids I blame the system in any case American English is taking over here and if that isn't enough then what about "computer "English " --you know what I mean --every word abbreviated .

That website I still get emails from has University graduates posting with "low grade " English but as long as I get the gist of what is being said I don't mind, I just "mind " the actual system .

I feel sorry for those who have English as a second language as its going to take longer for them to learn correct English.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.