spdif soundcard with auto sampling rate

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am currently using a pcm2902 as a USB to spdif interface under windows Vista 32bits. I like it because it automatically changes 44100Hz or 48000Hz depending on the wav file I am playing, so the cimputer never converts sampling rate. The problem is it is limited to 48KHz/16bit format.
So I bought a M-audio Transit but this card doesn't automatically switch 44100 or 48000 or 96000, worst it doesn't play 44100, so it is not good for a 0% sampling frequency use. My players are winamp and wmp.

Which PCI or USB sound card would you recommend which would automatically select 44100/48000/88200/96000Hz sampling rate?
I found RME 9632 and E-MU 0404 USB but I am not sure if they automatically select the sampling rate.

I have no problems with the Transist under XP and W2K. If follows flawlessly the player from 8K to 96K. It appears that the drivers will not work properly under Vista. Did you install the latest drivers from M-Audio for it?

I have also an E-MU 0404 (and 0202), these cards do not follow either automatically the settings of the player with DirectX or WDM. You have to set that manually in the E-MU control panel. With ASIO it is no problem. Maybe the Wasapi drivers under Vista will also do but I have no experience with that.

I have no problems with the Transist under XP and W2K. If follows flawlessly the player from 8K to 96K. It appears that the drivers will not work properly under Vista. Did you install the latest drivers from M-Audio for it?

I have also an E-MU 0404 (and 0202), these cards do not follow either automatically the settings of the player with DirectX or WDM. You have to set that manually in the E-MU control panel. With ASIO it is no problem. Maybe the Wasapi drivers under Vista will also do but I have no experience with that.

Yes yesterday I installed the latest vista driver but it works only at 48KHz and 96KHz although even when I select 44100 or 88.2K. The firmware version is V1.1, do you have the same firmware version? Even with XP I was unable to read at 44100.
I also found M2Tech it looks much better.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.