spdif sample rate display, OLED style

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The computer was connected with USB and it seems like the CM102 is forcing 48kHz.
The other source I use is a cheap streamer connected on toslink. I expected varying sample rate from this one, however I was wrong.

I just connected a cd-player to the DAC and the counter instantly switched to 44.1kHz. :)

Are you sure it's not your PC forcing the Sample Rate?

Is it a Windows PC? What Program do you use to listen to your music?

In 'Playback Devices' when you select the device you are using and select 'Properties', then 'Advanced' what is it set for? I suspect 48kHz. Windows will then automatically up/down sample everything to 48kHz.

If you use another program (I use JRiver with a Driver from DIYINHK to control their USB interface) then this can be over-ridden.

If this 'feature' can be over-ridden within Windows I don't know how to.
If someone else does then please post instructions.

Cheers,

P.

I have tried forcing differents sample rates under Playback Devices, properties and advanced, but the frequency meter show 48kHz all the time.
It's not a big issue as I don't normally use computer for playback, I just connected it for testing.

Did some minor tweaking, enabled the "kHz" text and added a line saying "DAC Sample Rate".

Now I have to find a proper way to mount it in a 10mm front panel. Are there any bezels available for these small displays so that I can cover up any rough edges?

Attachments

• IMG_20170825_092205.jpg
    IMG_20170825_092205.jpg
    98.2 KB · Views: 346
I don't know of any bezels. that's why I 3d printed a case for that demo spdif switch board.

I will be uploading the 3d print models for the case I designed and that includes the front display opening. perhaps if you have access to a printer you can print just that part. its openscad which is just ascii text instructions, so you could modify it for whatever size you want, and of course, print in any color you want.

I don't know of any bezels. that's why I 3d printed a case for that demo spdif switch board.
Hi
Any interest in selling these (with the 3d printed case)? I don't have access or the desire to pick up ANOTHER hobby.
-Wes

I will be uploading the 3d print models for the case I designed and that includes the front display opening. perhaps if you have access to a printer you can print just that part. its openscad which is just ascii text instructions, so you could modify it for whatever size you want, and of course, print in any color you want.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.