SPDIF Input Receiver & MUX

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
A few months ago I tried to get the new CS8416 chips, but I was told that they were on "market hold". (I'm guessing it's manufacturing issues, but I heard that the RIAA is getting anxious about unencrypted 24/192 DVD-A bitstreams...:rolleyes: )

They really look like nice chips: 24/192, SPDIF input mux, data and SPDIF output for flexibility, hardware mode, and available in SOIC instead of just SSOP.

I don't really need 192 kHz, but are there any other chips that come close to this one? I'd really like a chip with input mux and both data and SPDIF output. Otherwise, I guess I'll use some 74HCT logic + CS8420 on my upcoming project. (I'd prefer no relays--is 74HCT a bad idea?)

I checked out the AKM website, and the ak4112b looks just perfect! I'll be using a PIC to control it, I guess.
Thanks for the suggestion to look there. Does anyone have experience with the ak4112b?

I would have tried the CS8415a, but I wanted something that redistributed the SPDIF back out; I will be optionally sending the signal off to a surround sound board for a home theater setup. I tried to get a sample of the CS8416, but they have not been able to provide one (yet).

The only problem is that it seems difficult to get the AKM chips. I'd only need one (=$5) but their official American distributor has a $50 minimum order! Does anyone else offer AKM parts? I checked Newark and Digikey, to no avail. Anyone want to split an order of AKM parts?

The Toshiba TC9245N has 4 inputs, <a href="http://www.okae-const.co.jp/~MOZ/Hand/DAC1.html">Here is a Link </a> to a Japanese site with a DAC that uses it.

I have the data sheet somewhere.

Hope this helps

Regards
James

Attachments

• block.gif
    block.gif
    40 KB · Views: 409
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.