Soundstream xxx4000d driver board

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I wouldn't be concerned about the rail voltage discharge rates. I doubt that it's an issue (I could be wrong).

All of the amps with the driver board using the TO-220 drivers and the large outputs have the same problems as you're seeing.

The high-side outputs run hotter because there isn't enough drive voltage.

Adjusting the resistor in the constant current source changes the low side drive but getting more voltage for the high-side output isn't as easy.

Now amp is in the chassis and seems working well.
I have to test with a charge.
Mje340-350 works fine, now with fan the temperature of low side pre-drivers is about 45-50 C.
In the high side there is only one transistor that become hot.
I change his position in the board from q130 to q134 and only this transistor is hot.
I think need to change but I haven't a replacement.
With insulator and lock it seems works.

The only problem now is that R361-R362 arrives at 80-90 celsius degrees in 5 minutes.

I have changed from 10k-3watt to 10k-5watt but temperature is very high

Hello, i'm repairing an xxx4000d driver board.

Now amp works fine but it has a bump when start sound and the small transistors (ktc3228-kta1277) become hot in 30 seconds after power on.

Is it right or I have a problem in the amp?

I think to replace small transistors with mje340-mje350
you will have the diagram of this driver board? I need resistors r192 r190 q124 q123, all burn

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.