Sony - VPL-FE40 help repairs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
ive got a Sony 3LCD HDMI Bright Era Data Projector - VPL-FE40

my friend baught it for me thinking i could fix it, but ive not done projectors before, i am a tek head so new learning area here,

the information i have for the unit is
it powers up but, This item has got a stain on projection screen

i found a manual online https://pro.sony.com/bbsccms/assets/files/cat/projectors/brochures/vpl_f40.pdf

im not toosure on the reason for the stain, im guessing the lcd could be tinted due to hps, or the lense ??

my main question is ive tried to find the screne online to see prices of parts
i can work out its a 0.79 inch lcd display model numbers in the manual there,

but i cant find it online it just links me to projectors?

im wondering if liek many tek things can i use universal parts to repair ...like theres no real branding i can buy the stuff online?

also im wondering about replacing the hps with led? i know led better i build cob led pannels for aquariums, so ive knowledge in this sector i know about the 3500-6500 spectrums and diference in picture etc... but is it possible to make this projector work ?

there like £200 new, this has cost my friend £50 sofar, we like to hack! please help me some :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.