Sony VFET Amplifier Part 2

Founder
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Some teaser photos of the brackets... :)

Attachments

• after anodization.jpeg
    after anodization.jpeg
    167.8 KB · Views: 786
  • bracket closeup.jpeg
    bracket closeup.jpeg
    146.5 KB · Views: 779
  • bracket wrapping.jpeg
    bracket wrapping.jpeg
    157.7 KB · Views: 768
  • bracket packaging.jpeg
    bracket packaging.jpeg
    140.9 KB · Views: 741
  • getting boxed up.jpeg
    getting boxed up.jpeg
    158.4 KB · Views: 728
  • building up the pallet.jpg
    building up the pallet.jpg
    457.8 KB · Views: 353
Last edited:
Founder
Joined 2000
Paid Member
Will the matching chassis be available for European buyers too? Maybe directly from hifi2000?

Edit: That is not to say that I want to cut out the diyAudio store, it would just be more reasonable to source a European made product locally.

The existing 4U or 5U "Deluxe" chassis is the matching chassis as it has UMS compatible heatsinks, which means that they already have drilled and tapped holes in the Universal Mounting System pattern. UMS heatsinks are also available for purchase separately. When we say matching, we just mean that the brackets will bolt straight on to a UMS compatible chassis (or heatsink).

All intra-EU chassis (or UMS heatsink) orders come direct from Hifi2000 so nothing will change on the chassis front - all chassis and UMS heatsinks will ship from Italy.

+1!

Please leave some brackets in Europe!! :)

For every set of VFETs we are matching them 1:1:1 to a set of brackets and set of PCBs.

This ensures no leftover parts that can't be sold so we can keep the price as low as possible. It avoids complications with trying to ensure customers get the right parts from two ends of the earth - if you get your kit, you get all the kit. If you don't get the VFETs then there's no point getting the brackets. Lastly, it greatly simplifies co-ordinating this many orders.

In theory, it might be cheaper to ship some parts from the US and then ship the brackets directly intra-EU, but you'll pay VAT, and double shipping...

So, there will be one type of basic parts kit which will have the VFETs, brackets, PCBs, and all the mounting hardware. It will ship from the USA as one item, so if you're in the EU you will receive one package from the US with all those parts. Chassis themselves (or UMS heatsinks) are the heavy part of the equation and will ship direct from Italy. The two brackets, being made of aluminium, weigh in at under 1kg including packaging so they shouldn't make a big impact to international shipping charges.

We of course have a very good relationship with Hifi2000. If you're in the EU, please use The diyAudio Store to order your UMS compatible chassis or heatsinks (your order will be pushed through to a special system during checkout) and we'll get a referral fee (and you will pay exactly the same price as if you went direct).

Last edited by a moderator:
Founder
Joined 2000
Paid Member
I noticed that the form didn't allow you to select "0" (or none) for the number of supplemental kits. I've updated that, and also increased the number of chassis/UMS heatsink choices. If anyone would like to update or correct their preferences I've included a graphic below (basically, just click in the email you were sent to confirm your registration).

Attachments

• how to update your preferences.png
    how to update your preferences.png
    142.2 KB · Views: 485
I noticed that the form didn't allow you to select "0" (or none) for the number of supplemental kits. I've updated that, and also increased the number of chassis/UMS heatsink choices. If anyone would like to update or correct their preferences I've included a graphic below (basically, just click in the email you were sent to confirm your registration).
When I registered, I didn't get the second page of confirmation but another page popped. How do I know I am registered? Can you confirm?