Sony Optical Device KHM230AAA/J1 882013209

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi stvnharr,
I had a chat with Roland about the repair. He reckons he just needed to install the new mechanism, no calibration was necessary. I said that the older models needed calibration but that the XA3000ES has an onboard CPU that monitors and adjusts automatically. All I know is that currently it works flawlessly and the sound is fabulous.
I have the service manual, so will take a look through it and see if they talk about any form of calibration.
Watch this space, Kevin
P.S. Just read through the Test Mode in the Service Manual - with the correct reference disks there is a complete test mode, which after testing is stored in an EEPROM. There is also an S Curve test using an oscilloscope to monitor the output from two reference disks, and adjustemnt is done from the front panel controls on the SCD-XA3000ES.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.