Sony CDP-333ESD tray wont open (with new belts)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys

I just picked up a Sony CDP-333ESD from Japan the the thing is brand new literally unused in the original box it was listed "tray does not open" so i though ok i will just replace the belts end it will be fine , but i did just that the old belt was no good installed two new belts. .

And the tray still don't slide out , what is does is when i press the eject it unchacking but the tray wont slide out and than chacks back after a few second.

All the motors are working .

Original belts was very stretched sitting at one spot for a long time.

what can be the problem something needs to be reset??

On the 6th picture that pulley is responsible to move the tray it connected to the steel cable and what is does is kind of try to spin but it does not if i remove the belt i can spin that by hand and its opens the tray .

I do have the service manual.

Any suggestion
Thank you

Attachments

• 20200206_231135 (1).jpg
    20200206_231135 (1).jpg
    1 MB · Views: 185
  • 20200206_231152_HDR.jpg
    20200206_231152_HDR.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 173
  • 20200206_231309_HDR.jpg
    20200206_231309_HDR.jpg
    998.4 KB · Views: 153
  • 20200206_232025.jpg
    20200206_232025.jpg
    979.9 KB · Views: 146
  • 20200207_000550.jpg
    20200207_000550.jpg
    987.4 KB · Views: 148
  • Inked20200207_001310_LI.jpg
    Inked20200207_001310_LI.jpg
    689.2 KB · Views: 140
  • Inked20200207_001332_LI.jpg
    Inked20200207_001332_LI.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 161
Last edited:
See if the motor has sufficient power to do its thing, it could be a problem with the driver.

Also make sure the belt you used isn't too small (tight). If it turns pretty easy by hand though, that's probably not it.

thanks

this machine is brand new i would be surprised if the motor is broke

seems like the pulley is hesitating to turn it tries but than nothing happens

the cd player is brand never been opened before and it never been used i don't know why the motor would be broke?

Anyhow how can i test the motor?

Last edited:
Congratulations, that's a great score!

You need to clean off the old grease from the mechanism which will have dried and gone too sticky. Ideally you'd disassemble everything, clean it and rebuild with fresh lubricant. For a quick fix try this:

1) On the right hand side of the drawer clean the metal guide rod with a cloth moistened in WD40 then apply a couple of drops of light oil (sewing machine oil) to the rod.
2) On the left side the drawer runs in a metal channel which will have a smear of grease in it. Again clean this carefully with a cloth moistened in WD40 then regrease with a smear of thin (not too viscous) plastic safe grease. I buy little tubs of grease from ebay sold for use on photocopiers and printers which is ideal.
3) On the top of the mech and under the mech apply a drop of light oil to all of the pivots/spindles of the while coloured plastic pulleys and gears.

That should have the drawer opening smoothly after a few cycles.

If that doesn't do it check the new belts aren't too tight.

Here is some update the pulley in the picture was not turning so i lubricated it with a little sewing machine oil and now its moving freely , the tray is still struggling to open but it is starting now, i am not sure if i should lubricate the loading motor i will check it for free spinning....

Attachments

• Inked20200207_001332 (1)_LI.jpg
    Inked20200207_001332 (1)_LI.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 127
Congratulations, that's a great score!

You need to clean off the old grease from the mechanism which will have dried and gone too sticky. Ideally you'd disassemble everything, clean it and rebuild with fresh lubricant. For a quick fix try this:

1) On the right hand side of the drawer clean the metal guide rod with a cloth moistened in WD40 then apply a couple of drops of light oil (sewing machine oil) to the rod.
2) On the left side the drawer runs in a metal channel which will have a smear of grease in it. Again clean this carefully with a cloth moistened in WD40 then regrease with a smear of thin (not too viscous) plastic safe grease. I buy little tubs of grease from ebay sold for use on photocopiers and printers which is ideal.
3) On the top of the mech and under the mech apply a drop of light oil to all of the pivots/spindles of the while coloured plastic pulleys and gears.

That should have the drawer opening smoothly after a few cycles.

If that doesn't do it check the new belts aren't too tight.

Hi

i just see your post after i posted an update..

Thanks for responding!

i did clear the metal rod with alcohol and lubricated with sewing machine oil
the track is got lubricated with synthetic polyolefin grease as well

No i am thinking if i should lubricate the motor spindles??

What do you mean by this? "On the top of the mech and under the mech "

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.