Sonic Exhibition - A Gallery for your ears

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
This is an open thread to help me gain ideas with the sonic exhibition that i plan to hold later in the year.

Firstly, let me explain what i mean by a sonic exhibition.

Im sure everyone here has been to an art gallery, art exhibition etc, mine will have the showpiece of the night being amps, speakers, cd players etc. The idea being to demonstrate these individual products to an audience, who have the capability to purchase items on show. The venue itself would contain several rooms, im thinking about 4 or 5, a couple home theatres, one larger ampitheatre for a reference kit, and a smaller room for a smaller set of kits. Now one thing from the offset of this that i must get across is that this is NOT a chance for any man with an amp to show his/her wares, this is a very select group of manufacturers, with a selection of models.

There will be a charge/booking fee for people coming to the night, and the event itself will be held in either Melbourne or Sydney. Drinks will be served throughout free of charge, and each manufacturer will send a representitive to help set up, take orders.

Any manufacturer suggestions, suggestions in general would be much appreciated, a date has not been set but early December is sounding good.

In addition, all prospective pieces of kit will be auditioned, I am also looking for a couple of people to help in staging, organizing etc, and I am considering getting George to play live at the venue, plugged straight into a set of reference kit.

Thanks in advance for your input, feel free to email me for more details, grifter44@hotmail.com

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.