Solid walnut subwoofers project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Bummer about the mill. Hope the result will make up for it.

I tried contacting PD about there being different images on the website vs the PDF but never got an answer.
Could you check which is right for the PD.12SB30?

Wonder why the PDN.12SB40 got sacked, looks like a nice driver.

You might persuade them to make that driver regularly if it's that nice.
Do you have TS for it?

Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
I dont know, but BlueAran seems to sometimes have no longer available drivers on order
They may be able to help you

but it doesnt look like a very effective design, low sensitivity, high Fs, relatively high mms
in reality a bit high Fs, in relation to other specs
had Fs been low, it might have been a super hifi woofer

Getting rid of vibration is darned difficult.

Indeed. Which is why all the walls shall be braced and not only with a transverse beam. Especially if the walls are flat. Here are two exercises in bracing I made. One is completed, while the other is currently in the design process. Notice the emphasis on bracing, even with solid or laminated 1" walls.

On the first project, the wall are curved and made from 4 laminated layers of 1/4" presswood. Assymetric walls reduce static waves and resonnance. Internal volume is 90 litres while the woofer is Kef's B300B. Cabinet can be used as sub or for full range with an active crossover. This project was a modern interpretation of Kef's early 1980s' 105/2 speakers.

Kef_Build_04.jpg

Kef_Build_13.jpg

DSC02275.jpg

AlmostDone_4.jpg

AlmostDone_6.jpg

Second project is inspired by B&W's bracing technique in their Matrix serie

matrix.jpg

Only at design stage for now. Building four of them. Still with more B300B.
Kef_Subs_draft_1.jpg

Hoping that these exemples of bracing will give you ideas ;-)

Sorry for the lack of updates, The walnut was unsuitable after the monkeys cut too small at the sawmill so I got some solid beech..... The walnut will be used for other projects.

Here you go!!!!!!!!

They are for sale If thats allowed!

Attachments

• 000_0005.jpg
    000_0005.jpg
    876.7 KB · Views: 121
  • 000_0006.jpg
    000_0006.jpg
    817.6 KB · Views: 110
  • 000_0017.jpg
    000_0017.jpg
    804.2 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.