Software Oscilloscopes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm developing a (slight) curiosity about panel resonance.
I've got a mac on panther, (ruling out fuzz whatsits) and a PC on XP. Are there any favoured freeware / shareware / cheap (storage) oscilloscope programs?
How might I measure panel vibration. My days of ceramic cartridges are long gone, but that might be cheaper than another transducer.
Any ideas please?

I am not sure you need an oscilloscope to measure panel resonances. A spectrum analyzer and other tools included in the ARTA speaker measurement software might do OK.
What you probably do need however is an accelerometer instead of a microphone. Do not know where to find.

SB.

Hi Svein_B

Thanks for persisting. I use a windows laptop, so have not been sure how to approach supported soundcards. However, I have now ordered an x-fi usb card & hope this will do the trick. I'm still trying to source an accelerometer.

This is all new to me and i hope to get plenty of entertainment from it....

Mark

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.