Small sealed box

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello,
I'd like to make a small sealed box using a Markaudio driver. Which driver should I use?
Thanks

Hi Mooch,
We can try to help but you'll have to be more precise. Your existing question is similar to the "how long is a piece of string" scenario. Give me and rest of the guys some clues...............

1 - Your application (nearfield, desktop of full room) and room size?
2 - Your amplification and source components?
3 - Why you're considering sealed?
4 - Your musical tastes?

Cheers,
Mark

Thank you all,
I'll try to answer Mark's questions:
1-10ftx15ft room not played loudly
2-in flux, right now playstation 1 and Advent Model 400 (I know it's pitiful but I hope to upgrade)
3-We need a speaker that is as small as possible
4-Folk, classical (but not big complicated symphonic things) and new music (such as Steven Mackey)

Dave,
You're right, in our situation 9-26 litre would not be small.

Patrick,
I'm glad you mentioned the A6.2. It's so new I didn't know if anyone had tried one in a sealed box. I assume you are referring to the metal version.

Thanks again, Chris

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
The Advent 400 is a classic. In good condition probably worth more now than when they sold new in the late 70s.

I have a 2 litre enclosure (uMar-Ken6) that, in theory, works with either the A6P or A6M unchanged.

It might be possible to put the A6M in an even smaller enclosure -- using the initial prototype numbers i squeezed one into 1.5 litre.

dave

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I'm glad you mentioned the A6.2. It's so new I didn't know if anyone had tried one in a sealed box.

Both Patrick and i are referring to a vented enclosure for A6M. Attached are sealed sims. If you have no need of real bass, you could probably live with a litre box.

dave

Attachments

• Alpair6M-sealed-sims.gif
    Alpair6M-sealed-sims.gif
    16.5 KB · Views: 352
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.