sm5842 + 2xpcm63 dac

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The best is to slave the transport to your dac clock, if you do this right then the transport is not that important.
I bet you can get a ok cdp/transport for around €100 (the pioneers late 90th's stable platter things with a good clock are quite good as transports only) that would take a 16.9Mhz clock, you can probably find a few running of 11 as well.

If this is a no-go then it might be easier to take the 33..clock, put it in the dac and divide the clock rate by 2, get the divided 16.934 clock to run the dac and the 33 to run the transport. Or maybe not as transporting the 33Mhz back to the transport might be tricky....

apolon34 said:
Hi,

I can't do any of these, since the dac works in 11.2896 mhz and the drive with 33.8688.

The drive outputs 11.2896Mhz clock derivated from 33.8688, I could use it but I think it won't be optimum regarding to jitter.

a better solution is probably to multiply by 3 the dac clock to feed the drive, isn't it ?

what pll could I use to achieve this ?

thanks

Don't be an audiophile, take the easy way out. Just use the master clock connected to the onboard dac.If that is not available divide the 768Fs clock by 2 and use that.

I test it by feeding the dac with the 11.2896mhz clock generated by the saa of the cd-pro2.

It works ok, without any ploc.

I ordered some samples of PI6C4512 at pericom.

here are the specs:
http://www.pericom.com/pdf/datasheets/PI6C4512.pdf

I want to use that as a x3 multiplier to feed a 11.2896 * 3 = 33.8688mhz to the cd-pro2. That way, the good clock would be closest to the dac and the reclocking unit.

Hi,

I got the cd-pro device from daisy-laser. Nico is really nice and quick.

For the I/V stage, I use a modified schematic from rboer, it's there:
http://belinfabien.free.fr/dac/etage sortie/rboer/schema broer.png

I modified some values, the schematic isn't up to date but not far.

I haven't tested the x3 clock multiplier cause I didn't received the sample. Maybe they don't want to send some to diyers. I'm interested if someone knows where I can get one.

I'll check this (the I/V stage) out this evening.

I went in contact with Daisy Laser, but the commercial guy (Adrien) said "their politic is not to sell to private persons", even though I'm not totally "unprofessional" because working in the Audio Industry, but as an employee...

Maybe you can give me a direct phone number.

Thanks!
Dan

Alfetta87 said:
I'll check this (the I/V stage) out this evening.

I went in contact with Daisy Laser, but the commercial guy (Adrien) said "their politic is not to sell to private persons", even though I'm not totally "unprofessional" because working in the Audio Industry, but as an employee...

Maybe you can give me a direct phone number.

Thanks!
Dan

Hi Dan,

Daisy supplies to OEM, private individuals can contact Nico Thevissen:

http://www.diy-high-end.com/

best

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.