Slewmaster - CFA vs. VFA "Rumble"

Need more slew rate.
I hope, after thimios do experiments that I suggested, it can produce good 200kHz square wave...

That's what I call parameters fine tuning. One has to play with everything, parts types & values, bias currents, compensation scheme, PCB layout, wiring ... :spin:

Give your advice if you don't want mine failure;)

There's not only one thing to point out, just start with bimo suggestion first. ;)

That's what I call parameters fine tuning. One has to play with everything, parts types & values, bias currents, compensation scheme, PCB layout, wiring ... :spin:
this time i can play with parts value only ,if you can give some advice,or with compensation sheme too.I haven't any special part:mad:
Ok. i will start with these suggestions and i will report again.
Thanks/
Thimios.

Last edited:
this time i can play with parts value only ,if you can give some advice,or with compensation sheme too.I haven't any special part:mad:
Ok. i will start with these suggestions and i will report again.
Thanks/
Thimios.

Don't worry about parts. You can use your trash bin :D.
Don't worry about layout, OS always made good layout :cool:

After you able produce good 200kHz square wave, I want to know if there any different about the sound, specially at high frequency.

on 4 Ohm load ;)

thimios has 6 Vpp at 150 kHz :rolleyes:

Show me your's amp 200 kHz at 20 Vpp square wave under 4 Ohm load :cool:

I have done a question earliest on firstone thread #156 post
Have you tried to go the amplifier at full peak to peak not 20v p-p?
You say:
Of course up to 20 kHz, but not at 200 kHz since that would evaporate zobel resistors getting 10 times more power dissipation as they intend to.
Can you give us a direct foto with load 4Ω - scope wave at 200khz . 20V p-p ?

Higher than 20 Vpp at 200 kHz is not possible in my setup since that would overheat 3 W SMD zobel resistors on my PCB. Zobel filter alone has 16 Ohm impedance at 200 kHz.

What about foto with load 4Ω - scope square wave at 200khz . at 20V p-p as you say ?

Attachments

• 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    512.3 KB · Views: 516
My 200kHz @ 20V p-p (4 Ohm) :cool:

Yours is still a bit better, but I still have some room for fine-tuning ;)
360 nS rise/fall looks not bad IMHO

:cheers:

Way that competition in square wave at 200 kHz?? This is an audio amp and no one showed in any blind listening test(all here are just subjective opinions or selling advertisements) that so high RS(over some needed level) gives better sound. For someone a higher distortion amp could sound better at heights and that could be just result of high distortion harmonics.

Way that competition in square wave at 200 kHz?? This is an audio amp and no one showed in any blind listening test(all here are just subjective opinions or selling advertisements) that so high RS(over some needed level) gives better sound. For someone a higher distortion amp could sound better at heights and that could be just result of high distortion harmonics.

No competition. We just explore the capability of CFA and then search the best sounding amp :cool: