SkinnyBoy's elcheapo bad sounding, taking way too long to make towers are FINISHED!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The cabinet looks very nice and I know you put forth a lot of effort to get this done. It's tough trying to build something on a shoestring but even more so when it's something you've never done before. Sure, you spent $350 but the experience you gained is worth much, much more. Keep going!

Timn8ter said:
The cabinet looks very nice and I know you put forth a lot of effort to get this done. It's tough trying to build something on a shoestring but even more so when it's something you've never done before. Sure, you spent $350 but the experience you gained is worth much, much more. Keep going!

actually... I spent $500.... anyone want to buy two Peerless 850136 woofers, slightly used (broken in if you like) will sell $140 the pair.. prefer Adelaide.. but wherever.... cheapest you'll find them for... lol heh...

Ohhh nice! And after all, the tweeters are high enough to compete with dad's source;)

Yeah the sure look like impressive seakers to me:D Anyway you got the same frame don't you:sly:

:note:It’s a wonder tall trees ain’t layin’ down:note:
And you listen to ???

See yasall

bigparsnip said:
What you use to paint these with, spray paint or was it brushed on?

Spray gun.... :D and its "black stain" atleast thats what the teacher always called it, not paint.. :)

postman said:
They look nice :cool: Much better than my first speakers :bawling:

Been making my current ones for like 6 months now :smash:

Thankyou... :) lol

Guss said:
Ohhh nice! And after all, the tweeters are high enough to compete with dad's source;)

Yeah the sure look like impressive seakers to me:D Anyway you got the same frame don't you:sly:

:note:It’s a wonder tall trees ain’t layin’ down:note:
And you listen to ???

See yasall

yes.. I was always saying that the tweeters would still be higher than the ones in dads speakers...

ok.. after than, you totally lost me.. :p lol

SEEYAS!!

BAM said:
Perhaps you could add a...midrange? Below the tweeter? Parts Express has some cheap tuned cup midranges that you could probably use, but I don't know whether you can get those shipped to you in australia. A simple first-order band pass crossover could be used and it might add smoothness to the midrange.

I'm quite happy with them as they are.... no real point in trying to improve on cheap made in China drivers.... these are finished :p next project I'll do the right way... lol

You could add Jaycar Stock Code CW2104 in a 1.2L heavily-stuffed, sealed enclosure and cross first-order to your woofers at about 200 Hz and first-order to the tweeter at about 3000 Hz. with this driver, and you'd be able to make the speakers sound sweet without spending lots of money on new ones. What you would do is you would cut the hole in the baffle, and then build the 1.2l box and insert it through one of the woofer openings, and the glue it to the back of the baffle, behind the woofer hole. I gues if you really don't want to, then you don't have to, though.

BAM said:
You could add Jaycar Stock Code CW2104 in a 1.2L heavily-stuffed, sealed enclosure and cross first-order to your woofers at about 200 Hz and first-order to the tweeter at about 3000 Hz. with this driver, and you'd be able to make the speakers sound sweet without spending lots of money on new ones. What you would do is you would cut the hole in the baffle, and then build the 1.2l box and insert it through one of the woofer openings, and the glue it to the back of the baffle, behind the woofer hole. I gues if you really don't want to, then you don't have to, though.

yes I could.. but I'm not going to.. lol thanx for the suggestion anyway :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.