Size of the box importance for frequencies above 100-150hz

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So I see winISD modeling gives frequency response model up to about 200hz . If I am looking to make a box for a regular bookshelf speakers which i don't expect to play sub 100hz frequencies will the sound signature depend on size of the box?

Is it correct to assume that box size is really to optimize bass performance

GM

Joined 2003
So I see winISD modeling gives frequency response model up to about 200hz . If I am looking to make a box for a regular bookshelf speakers which i don't expect to play sub 100hz frequencies will the sound signature depend on size of the box?

Is it correct to assume that box size is really to optimize bass performance

Yes/yes, or more correctly:

T/S theory peters out at the driver's effective upper mass corner [Fhm] = 2*Fs/Qts'

Qts' = Qts + any added series resistance [Rs]: HiFi Loudspeaker Design

GM

This is a little too complex for now) need to set aside time to read.
But just to eliminate standing waves what are general proven ways to help that.

1)most suggested polyfill and put lots of it
2)egg crate foam not recommended. I've seen them used together with polyfil on many bw 600 series speakers
3)some manufacturers route cuts along inner speaker walls . Polk audio did it on their nicer sda speakers made in 80s. Not sure if this is helpful

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.