• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

Size does matter!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just bought a pair of Transcendar OPTs for my new project and all I can say is WOW! I'm used to tiny OPTs out of old consoles and these are several orders of magnitude larger. I popped them in my RH-84 and went into shock as to how much better it sounded. Sure, they cost $150pr but worth every penny! No affiliation, just a happy customer.

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Once I learn to build, I'm going to use a pair of H/K Cit II OPT's on my first project. :)
I hear they are nice.

Steve

I've used quite a few in various designs, and they are very nice, but there are plenty of other excellent pushpull OPTs out there and I figure at least a few of them will give these a run for the money..

I am pretty sure that Electra-Print, Edcor, Heyboer and others can wind you exactly what you will need for significantly less money.

Note that no intact Citation II died to provide these transformers. Today good used Citation II transformers are pretty pricey due to their mystique.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.