Single side version of JensRasmussen's Super Leach board / ground planes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I had done JensRasmussen's double side board for testing but find myself too clumsy to solder on the components side. Its so awful that I tried to make a single side version to fit my soldering skill ( clumsy old man ).

Its finished up to all traces and jumpers being laid but when I come to the ground planes, I had some doubts. Wonder if you guys can give some comment on it.

The 'a' board is the output board. The left and right ground planes are absolutely 'isolated'. I have added jumper positions between the 5W resistors so as to connected the left and right planes but wonder it would be necessary to do so?

The board ¡¥b¡¦ is the main board where I had almost done all the ground planes ( wonder if I can call a ground plane for there are not much space left ). There are 2 ground planes under the 2 large caps but seems to be very much like 'isolated' from the ground planes of 'a' again but they are finally connected at the middle bottom of ¡¥b¡¦. All G planes with components dipping into them should be connected as far as I know but what about all those that are left ¡¥alone¡¦ ? Will they cause any potential problem? Also these plane would go under the fuse too as you can see from ¡¥b¡¦, would that be any issue?

Any other problem that you think may jeopardize the board?

Tks

Attachments

• resize of a2-11.gif
    resize of a2-11.gif
    77.2 KB · Views: 407
Hi Tony,

Like I said, I tried not to use a double side. That's why I do it all over again, and now you are telling me to go back to the double side? No, please. Anyway if I am doing the double side, I will have to make plated thru holes all over the board to connect the 'soldering side' G planes to the single 'component side' G plane, is that what has to be done?

Lets concentrate on this version.

This is the 'super amp' and if anyone is interested, they are always available.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.