simulating parallel netfilter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I am experimenting with parallel mains filters to filter out high frequency garbage in order to improve sound quality. I build a simple filter using a choke in series with a capacitor and it does have an audible impact on the sound!

In order to improve it of course I need to know what I am doing so I want to simulate some filters first.

Now my problem. Apart from the question what frequencies and with what amplitude exist on my mains I first simply want to simulate the effects of some parallel filters using a constant voltage that sweeps from 1 to 1 GHz.

The problem is that when using an AC voltage source that the voltage will stay the same during the frequency sweep because thats what an ideal voltage source is supposed to do :D

So how do I best simulate an AC voltage source that does behave like the polluted mains?

Best regards.

Ronald

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.