Simplest class D amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
good news I have found a source of cheap smd components

3.3r x5= $0.012 100k x3= $0.0072 20k x1= $0.0016 680nf x4= $0.26 220nf x4= $0.0092 220uf electrolytic x2= $1.23 1uf x5= $0.03 1nf x8= $0.024 100nf x3= $0.002 10nf x5 = $0.036

all transistors and compaciters have been included total price AU $1.60
yet to find suitable cheap smd 10uh inductors
the tpa3116d2 amp chip will cost $27.56

total 29.16

soldering iron will have to wait a few weeks because life is interfering
I will check this thread as much as possible but things are a bit hectic at the moment hint end of semester exams and piles of homework
I will start building amp 12/8/2013 until then good luck with the rest of you and way every amp work first shot

Founder of XSA-Labs
Joined 2012
Paid Member
Trex,
Not sure if TI will ship samples to Australia but if you request a few samples through TI's website, they provide samples free of charge. They use FedEx so it should not be a problem. You should ask for some TPA3118D2's while you are at it. Same chip with lower 30 w rating and selectable osc freq. You got a good deal on all those components. They cost $9 from Digikey. What source are you using eBay?

the amp that mguntrun made looks very professional for a diy almost looks shop bought.

Thanks! The nice thing about perf board is it lets you try different layouts before you commit to soldering. You just install the components through the holes and bend the legs but dont cut them. Once you like your layout then you can cut. I used the component wires as much as possible underneath the board to make the connections, sometimes taking them up the breakout board before cutting. Very DIY friendly.

Trex,
Not sure if TI will ship samples to Australia but if you request a few samples through TI's website, they provide samples free of charge. They use FedEx so it should not be a problem. You should ask for some TPA3118D2's while you are at it. Same chip with lower 30 w rating and selectable osc freq. You got a good deal on all those components. They cost $9 from Digikey. What source are you using eBay?

yes I'm using ebay and realistically the components cost $178 for the lot but because I'm buying bulk its really cheap between 30000 and 50000 individual components at less than $0.001 each I thought was a bargain for the amount if I had of bought exactly the right amount of components I could have easily spent more and I would have spent triple that amount ordering from jaycar or AZtronics which is our nearest electronics components seller around 700km 434miles approx. and neither seem to sell smd components when I looked.

I will also have a look on TI's website and see about a free sample

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.