Simple SE Sit Amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I patronize diyaudio store and build Pass amps. Besides my domestic chores, I work daily for a living and cannot checked the site every day or several times a day. I would love to, but life gets in the way most of the times.
It does not mean that I have less anticipation, interest, and enthusiasm to get a fair chance to buy a kit for the amp once it is released.
If the demand is much higher than the supply, I just wish that if possible and with all due respect, its not a first come first serve basis.

Last edited:
Joined 2006
Paid Member
I think some of the issues that the benevolent folk here face is trying to get these kits into the hands of the DIY crowd here. Too many get siphoned away by people who are buying the kits to sell on the street.

I think they should scan this thread for the starter group. If you have shown up here, be on a list to get one of the kits. I’m lucky enough to have some SITs, I’ll just be ordering boards.

I think some of the issues that the benevolent folk here face is trying to get these kits into the hands of the DIY crowd here. Too many get siphoned away by people who are buying the kits to sell on the street.

I think they should scan this thread for the starter group. If you have shown up here, be on a list to get one of the kits. I’m lucky enough to have some SITs, I’ll just be ordering boards.
Understood. Thank you!

Joined 2011
Paid Member
There's nothing you can do but wait.

One thing you can do while you wait, is prepare. Prepare yourself, prepare your workshop, prepare your listening room. You can begin to collect the things you will eventually need to build, test, use, and enjoy the amplifier when it eventually does arrive.

For example, you could scout around and obtain one or more pairs of "expendable" loudspeakers. Speakers you will only use for the first 3 days of New Amplifier Bring Up, when the chances are greatest that a builder's error can cause the amp to destroy the speakers. Low cost speakers whose gruesome death will not make you grieve for weeks. Maybe from a yard sale, or thrift shop, or a mailorder electronics+audio seller who sends you catalogs printed on cheap newsprint.

For another example, you could anticipate that the amp, when completed, will be amazing. You could anticipate giving astonishing demonstrations, showing that it reproduces heart stopping beautiful music, using 2 watts of power. You could anticipate wanting an audio wattmeter. You could anticipate wanting to BUILD a diy audio wattmeter, so you could show visitors just exactly how much power (how little power!!) your awesome new amp is delivering. Both Nelson Pass and John Curl do this routinely, using an oscilloscope to display power. (JC favors the dirt cheap DSO138 pictured below). You could go the oscilloscope route, or you could build yourself a dedicated wattmeter circuit. It might have user-adjustable peak hold time, user-adjustable clipping indication, anything you can dream up. It's DIY, go wild.

I'm sure other members can think of many additional clever ways to use this waiting time, productively.

_

Attachments

• scope.png
    scope.png
    449 KB · Views: 467
I would just like to see the finished circuite it might be simple to do point to point,

What seems kinda sad, is that this feels like the last installment of these parts. After so much build up (get 'em while you can!), there's actually a poverty of Sony amps. Sure, L'amp, Vfet p1, p2.... was the envelope pushed? What do we do with all these vfet's that we had to buy, before we couldn't....

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.