simple question box or kit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am considering buying one of these dsp's but the kit i see comes with a master volume control while the box does not. is it more advantageous for me to buy a kit over a box due to this or can the master volume be controlled via the software?

second i see many different plugins for these boxes, do they ship with a plugin software pre loaded or is that an additional cost?

Account Closed
Joined 2001
You're talking about the 2x4 unit? If you want to utilize the volume control then the kit version would be preferable since you can build into an enclosure of your choice. You could still use a volume control with a boxed version but you'd have to fly out the leads and mount the control separately.

The plugin is purchased separately. There are a couple of options for the 2x4 unit, so you'd select the appropriate one for your desired configuration and requirements.

Dave.

ok so teh POT can still be pluged into the box version then, good. i assume its the same software on either of them so even tho the plugin link shows the kit version only they work on both right?

i will need to read into the plugins and i do not know what im looking for i guess. am i to assume that a 2 way plugin groups the 4RCA outs into 2 channels where as the 3 way only uses 3 of them? i do not understand how one could have a 3 way setup with only 4 RCA outs? you would have your mid range left and right, mid bass left and right and high left and right. that's 6 channels?

same with teh 2.1 plugin. you have high left and right, mid left and right and then sub mono but no mono plug?

its obvious i need to do much more reading into these plugins as i do not understand them what so ever.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.