simple class d sub amp

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi
im new to the world of class d amps so forgive my ignorance
i have built a few gain clones and valve amps but now i would like to try building a class d amp for a sub i have built ideally between 200-400 w rms into an 8 ohm load
does anyone have a simple schematic and psu for my project the more basic the better
many thanks
:)

luka said:
Hi

I don't know if you will be able to make one yourself and since kits from 41Hz aren't that expensive.

Amp2 is sure the way to go I have one and I am very happy with it, and you could push it to ~850w into 8 with rails of +/-60v

What's the difference between the amp2 and amp8 kit? I don't have either right now, and if I can run an amp2 with 60v rails it seems pointless going for an amp8.... :confused:

You may want to include some sort of soft start feature. Just plugging in a 1000VA toroid with a rectifier and a huge amount of capacitors is likely to blow fuses in your house due to the inrush current (very high current at startup when the capacitors are being charged from null).

AntonZ said:
You may want to include some sort of soft start feature. Just plugging in a 1000VA toroid with a rectifier and a huge amount of capacitors is likely to blow fuses in your house due to the inrush current (very high current at startup when the capacitors are being charged from null).
Thanks - I do plan to go for a SS circuit. I guess it will also make things easier on the caps and toroid.

I don't even have the toroid yet tho, this amp's been on the back burner, as I haven't built the speaker enclosures yet for the drivers that this amp will power...:smash:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.