Silver RCA Cable-share your experience, opinions here!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Exotic cables lie more in the realm of art than in science.

While science merely measures nature, art aims to improve on it.

Science seeks to control, while art seeks to liberate.

Discuss! :mischiev:

So it was art that developed transistors. It really amazes me that a hobby that depends so heavily on technology, and the science it uses, has so many people who complain when science is used to debunk myths.

You all sound like the guys looking in the window of the McLaren showroom insulting the price of something you don’t want to pay that much for or appreciate.
Why spend that much when you can get a car that performs just as well for 1% of price?

None of you have said you have any of this silver wire so how would you know? And is the rest of your system and hearing up to revealing the difference. In my system solid silver wire sounds better than the silver plated copper wire which sounds better than the copper wire. Your value system and hearing may differ.
If something sounds different, it's automatically considered as better?

White noise is the best. It completely changes how two identical cables sound, if one is exposed to this white noise for at least a 24 hour period.
:eek:

I cannot believe that anyone could possibly believe this twaddle. Are they just trolling, or are they utterly deluded?

well anybody used this cables? i bet if you use this cables youll hear something that you have never heard with normal cables! the ultimate fidility cables! :p
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
Spot the errors:
The amplifier uses those huge glass bottles and audio coupling transformers. That amplifier will contribute 1 - 10% distortion to begin with, and will almost certainly exhibit microphony, which will further add to the already abysmal distortion figures. The valves ("tubes" - U.S.) will exhibit ageing as the electrode metals migrate with use and air leaks into the envelope.....

No doubt some gullible fool paid $$$$ for this mess and is totally convinced that it sounds "musical" (that's the second harmonic distortion) and better than any other reproduction system.

Pointing out that the entire recording chain for the music he's trying to reproduce will have been wholly recorded using semiconductor-based equipment won't affect his belief that his system makes the music "sound better".

As I said before - there's no fool like an Audiophool!

Tube amp owners who have found an improvement with silver speaker cable may be like to replace the copper windings of the output transformers with silver wire.

Attachments

• silver wound output transformers.jpg
    silver wound output transformers.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 236
I have a set of solid silver speaker cables and the same thing happened to the sound I have done over 100 hours of burn in and it has helped a little. The way I fixed this was to Use a higher ga copper cable with the silver cables and all my lows came back I wanted to see about this with a set of rca cables to see if I could get it to do the same What I did was use 28ga silver wire and a 20ga copper wire and braided them each one direction then the opposite direction to cancel any magnetic field that I could generate and that produced great highs and mids and all the bass came back I also made a set with just silver wire and wound them the same way and that’s when I lost a lot of the low end With some burn in time you will get a small amount of low end back but not all Good luck and I hope this helps

IMO you have convinced yourself that the expense was worth it. If I were you, I'd be very cautious about guys selling bridges. Just sayin.....

Wires "burn in" ?!? I REALLY want to see measurements that the wire changes its characteristics after 100 or 1000 hours because I'm not buying it.
Those speaker wires I have that are likely older than you are either really good or really bad. I think they're just wires.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.