Shiva Sub woofer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am just looking around for a sub woofer that are capable of infra bass qualities. I came across the Shiva 12" sub woofer. Has any one of you had experience with it? Is it as good as all the reviews out there? Adire audio (www.adireaudio.com) has plans for the sub enclosure. I am looking at maybe the 0.6 Q or the 0.707 Q enclosure. What do you guys think?

Thanx
Neopsp

i have heard of the shiva but i have never had any experence with it.....
what applucation are you going to use it for?
how many watt amp do you have or are planning on getting...
note: i would sugest designing your own enclosure because it is always better then predesigned one.....
all woofers react differently to verious enclosures......
if you are looking for a real ince woofer at a resnible price....look at parts express (www.partsexpress.com) look in their speaker building section....
a few i brands i can suggest are:

1. PEERLESS
2. DAYTON
3. BLAUPUNKT
EXT. EXT.

IT ALL DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO USE IT FOR AND WHAT TYPE OF ENCLOSURE YOU WANT.....

NOTE: I RESENTLY HAVE BUILT A HOME THEATER SUB BASED ON A BLAUPUNKT PCwi1200 12" SUBWOOFER AND A 250w PARTSEXPRESS SUB AMP.
IT IS IN A 2 CU. FT. PORTED ENCLOSURE TUNED TO 25Hz WITH A 13" LONG 3" DIAMATER PORT.
BUT I CAN NOT STRESS ENOUGH THAT IT ALL DEPENDS ON WHAT YOU WANT AND WHAT YOU ARE USING IT FOR....

i was planning on using a ported shiva sub for a while, back when i thought i needed more bass. universal consensus seems to be that it is a mighty mighty fine driver, and you absotively posilutely cannot beat the price (for what your getting). the only thing higher grade really is some blueprint drivers that rock this world, but they're like $250 a pop, IIRC.

but ah, yeah, then i realized i had my polarity crossed. problem solved for a couple years. no sub for me yet.

go with shiva. it'll do you well.

myren

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.