Shiva availability in UK

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

First post, although I've been reading this forum for a while.

Can anyone tell me where I might get a Shiva 12" or some other high power dual-voice-coil 12" sub-woofer (Dayton 12" or other Shiva clone) in the UK ? I'd rather avoid having to pay the shipping on something that weight from the US.

I'm planning to have a go at building a Linkwitz-Transform for it's inherent spouse approval size.

Any thoughts ?

diyAudio Moderator Emeritus
Joined 2001
Parts Express probably cannot help you, because they are a retail outfit who contracts with suppliers to make their own brand. Actually, it is probably the supplier's base model with small changes, but they are unlikely to tell you the supplier. What retailer can be expected to say, "Sure, you can buy a similar version to our "exclusive" brand at the following competitors...."?

Shiva is a different story. They are a brand who sells to retailers. Check out this link for the UK distributor, call him and he should be happy to tell you the retail outlet near you:
http://www.adireaudio.com/dealers.htm

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.