Shigaclone problem with Lampizator Amber

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi.
I have problem with my Shigaclone and my new S/H Lampizator Amber.
Inside Amber is DIYINHK ES9018KM2 DAC board.
Problem is that on some songs I have breaking sound which I didn't have with my previous AYA DAC.
With other transport I don't have that breaking sound when I use Amber.
So I'm puzzled.
What is the problem???
SPDIF on DIYIHNK board require 3.3V TTL signal.
I even try to bring SPDIF signal level from Shigaclone to TTL level = 5V but without success.
Do you think is there a problem with clocking, buffering...?

The ES9018K2M DAC board can accept spdif input directly without any interface circuit. This unique advantage can reduce signal distortion and jitter etc. You can connect an optical receiver directly to BCK and test. It's the first time I heard this strange problem so far. For coaxial spdif it is another world, the coaxial cable like an ant and the interface circuit in between always can create problem.
I also have experience during testing the limit of the ES9018K2M, 5V can damage the chip partially. it can still work but output click noise randomly.

Hi.
I have problem with my Shigaclone and my new S/H Lampizator Amber.
Inside Amber is DIYINHK ES9018KM2 DAC board.
Problem is that on some songs I have breaking sound which I didn't have with my previous AYA DAC.
With other transport I don't have that breaking sound when I use Amber.
So I'm puzzled.
What is the problem???
SPDIF on DIYIHNK board require 3.3V TTL signal.
I even try to bring SPDIF signal level from Shigaclone to TTL level = 5V but without success.
Do you think is there a problem with clocking, buffering...?

I just tried to connect ( remove wire from SPDIF IN and to BCK on DAC bard) optical receiver directly to BCK but no sound.
Just to be precise, with Toslink and Squeezebox as a transport I don't have a problem.
I have problem when I want to connect Shigaclone to SPDIF IN on DAC board with coax cable.
I don't understand why this is happening just on some songs but not on all???

Last edited:
Here are the SPDIF and TOSLINK measurements with oscilloscope

SPDIF from Squeezebox:

SQSPDIF_zpsww0rozuo.png

TOSLINK from Squeezebox:

SQTOSLINK_zpsjs2ew13w.png

SPDIF from Shigaclone:

SHIGASPDIF_zpssjq3xtn7.png

Strange thing is that problem is ONLY on some songs on same CD with the same resolution.
So there is no difference in resolution between songs.
Probably problem with clock synchronization between Shiga and Lampizator.
I ordered SPDIF to I2S convertor so we will see if that will cure the problem.

Today I tried to put LMV7219 before SPDIF from Shiga like this schematic

120205192284e379f6e3f7ab94.jpg

But again I have drops on same songs :(
Again I tried on my AYA DAC and there is no drops.
I'm now seriously thinking maybe my DIYIHNK ES9018K2M board is not working properly.
Is there a way to check ES9018K2M?

Yesterday I tried Shiga with SPDIF to I2S converter with AK4113.
I2S directly to ES9018KM2 board
Everything works OK now. No drops.
Today I will try SPDIF input on ES9018KM2 without I2C from XMOS board. After that probably I will know what is defective.
I don't understand why Fikus using Amanero board for USB to I2S and DIYINHK XMOS board only for I2C.
Why he didn't use DIYINHK XMOS board for all???

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.