• WARNING: Tube/Valve amplifiers use potentially LETHAL HIGH VOLTAGES.
    Building, troubleshooting and testing of these amplifiers should only be
    performed by someone who is thoroughly familiar with
    the safety precautions around high voltages.

SET w/ 300B Ultrapath + Parafeed Typologies

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I have been reading VTV issue 16 as well as a whole host of stuff on the Internet regarding SET amps. I have built a few tube amps already and feel confident to moving onto something a bid different. What I had in mind is a SET amp using one single 300B, with an Ultrapath capacitor, incorporating an parallel feed (plate choke) and using a single driver tube (maybe 5842/417A) and perhaps even transformer coupled interstage.

Now, it does sound like a real mouthful. But in princple, trying to put together something that incorporates some 'good' design principles (from what I've read) and allowing minimal components, so that one can use premium components.

The question is, are there currently designs available that incorporate such parameters? If not, what would be a good place to start in terms of calculating and putting this all together?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.