Servo controlled bass amplifier?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I had my car examined last week and they had some kind of strong machine that vibrated the wheels when testing shock absorbers and all parts in the underside. I think the very powerful oscillation was in low bass octaves when the sweep got up. But dunno what kind of mechanism was used for this. No lack of power and xmax.

Hi Enzo-

Negative..

The controller compares the AMP input signal with the amplified signal going to the speaker and adjusts for any differences.

Speaker has a few requirements, but biggest benefit is size reduction and accurate reproduction of input signal.

Hi Nasse-

This is a servo controller or "electronic suspension" as Mr. Erath calls it.

The servo loop is contained in the controller module and only speaker leads go to the driver.

The "specifics" of the driver are accounted for in the controller.

What it does is give me FLAT bass down to 20Hz out of my pair of 15" woofers each in a 1.25 cubic foot enclosure with my B&W 805 speakers sitting on top.

I am just curious to see if it could be adapted to a musical instrument also...

I think they would work GREAT as a bass rig..

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.