Selling

The ebay seller's name is Joe Henry, I think. His amps seem to have a decent reputation for build quality, here in the UK. I have to say I'm surprised by the number of his Pass/FW listings - eight at the moment, I think. At what point does a hobbyist become a cottage industry?

PS ...and he is using the Pass name, in the item description of some of his listings, despite what's said in the thread Dennis linked to.

Last edited:
The ebay seller's name is Joe Henry, I think. His amps seem to have a decent reputation for build quality, here in the UK. I have to say I'm surprised by the number of his Pass/FW listings - eight at the moment, I think. At what point does a hobbyist become a cottage industry?

PS ...and he is using the Pass name, in the item description of some of his listings, despite what's said in the thread Dennis linked to.
You cannot commercialized designs from others without their official autorization.

If it is the case, it violated the very spirit of this forum (and probably some regulations).

This is precisely why few electronic designer do not share their design.

This aggression will should not stand, man.

Reactions: 2 users
I own one of Joe’s Amps , the build quality is second to none. As support him as I do/try to with anyone in the UK that brings hifi to us all .

So, you support someone who is making money building designs that were made available for DIY use, not commercial exploitation. Hmm. Yet you say you try to support anyone "that brings hifi to us all". I'd have thought that Nelson Pass has brought rather a lot of "hifi to us all", and is somewhat more deserving of support than this eBay seller.

Reactions: 8 users