Seen at Home Entertainment 2005

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
certainly not a DIY show, a lot of sweaty guys crunched into hotel rooms at the NY Hilton to "urgently listen" -- I thought the most interesting product was a laser-turntable from "Audio Turntable" -- of course the corresponding equipment were Joseph spkrs powered by Chord. The laser tt operates entirely "analog" -- no DAC.

surprisingly there were a few women at the show, perhaps 5% of the attendees.

there is more than the usual amount of pseudo-science, one power line conditioner company with their gold-plated Hubbell sockets gave me his theories on why inductors are bad for removing RFI on your power line, there were power cables as thick as fire-hoses.

without naming the DSP company (there are only a handful anyway) I was shocked that no-one seemed to notice or understand that visual acuity and contrast go hand-in-hand.

a running commentary was posted by Stereophile at: http://www.enjoythemusic.com/hifi2005/

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.