Seattle DIY Meet

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Are these events open to n00bs? :)

I'd be happy to bring my tang Band DCRs if there is any interest.

Noobs? I believe that everyone that will be attending, began as a Noob. You're certainly welcome and by all means bring your Tang Band DCR (Double Chamber Reflex?). The meet is free and you'll get to meet a lot of friendly, and very interesting people. So come for an hour, or stay all day (better bring a sandwich).

BTW: I'd love to see your speakers and I'm absolutely sure many others would as well.

Best Regards,
TerryO

A PNW meet-up holy crap!

That sounds like a blast. I'm in the process of building my first tube amp with a local builder here in Portland. I hope I'll be done with it by then.

You guys usually get a pretty big turn-out?

Actually, we try to have a least one a year in Seattle and another in Victoria, B.C.

We can't expect a big turnout if you don't show. Come on up!

Best Regards,
TerryO

Last edited:
Noobs? I believe that everyone that will be attending, began as a Noob. You're certainly welcome and by all means bring your Tang Band DCR (Double Chamber Reflex?). The meet is free and you'll get to meet a lot of friendly, and very interesting people. So come for an hour, or stay all day (better bring a sandwich).

BTW: I'd love to see your speakers and I'm absolutely sure many others would as well.

Best Regards,
TerryO
Sweet! I'll definitely be there. I can't wait to see and hear everything I've read so much about.

It was probably the fact that you were riding a bicycle while wearing a long raincoat and a Hockey Mask in the middle of the Summer.

Now, what's wrong with wearing a goalie mask in the middle of the summer?!! I do that several times a week.

Mercer Island... That's not far from where I'm at. I should poke my head in there (with or without the mask).

~Tom

Now, what's wrong with wearing a goalie mask in the middle of the summer?!! I do that several times a week.

Mercer Island... That's not far from where I'm at. I should poke my head in there (with or without the mask).

~Tom

Tom,

I don't know, but I recall there was something a bit odd about Jeff's attire... I think the raincoat and goalie mask wouldn't have attracted any attention, if it weren't for the fishnet stockings and stiletto heels. No matter what, I might not be able to put my finger on it, but there was just something, that seemed a bit odd at the time.
:confused:

Best Regards,
TerryO

Tom,

I don't know, but I recall there was something a bit odd about Jeff's attire... I think the raincoat and goalie mask wouldn't have attracted any attention, if it weren't for the fishnet stockings and stiletto heels. No matter what, I might not be able to put my finger on it, but there was just something, that seemed a bit odd at the time.
:confused:

Best Regards,
TerryO

no, you must be thinking of Kevin - Jeff's more of an espadrilles fan (no, not a Latin American hockey team)

all kidding aside, it's far less fun than it sounds to be detained (it probably only seemed like hours) and intimidated by the US Border Protection crew, under the watchful eye of Dick Cheney's portrait (I swear those eyes followed me into and in the washroom)

no, you must be thinking of Kevin - Jeff's more of an espadrilles fan (no, not a Latin American hockey team)

I does remind one of Kevin, that's for sure.

all kidding aside, it's far less fun than it sounds to be detained (it probably only seemed like hours) and intimidated by the US Border Protection crew, under the watchful eye of Dick Cheney's portrait (I swear those eyes followed me into and in the washroom)

Chris,

The Canadian Customs people can be somewhat tedious as well. I certainly remember that after I told them that what they were looking at was a soldering gun, they became very concerned and wanted to know if it was loaded. I all fairness, they did help to load everything back into my car afterwards. It was a 2.5 hour cultural exchange.

Speaking of portraits, why do they have Farley Mowat's prodominately displayed?
:D

Best Regards,
Terry

I does remind one of Kevin, that's for sure.

Chris,

The Canadian Customs people can be somewhat tedious as well. I certainly remember that after I told them that what they were looking at was a soldering gun, they became very concerned and wanted to know if it was loaded. I all fairness, they did help to load everything back into my car afterwards. It was a 2.5 hour cultural exchange.

Speaking of portraits, why do they have Farley Mowat's prodominately displayed?
:D

Best Regards,
Terry

you're thinking of Elizabeth Alexandra Mary Windsor? - and understandable mistake

Excuse me while I go poke out my mind's eye.... :)

~Tom

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.