Seas L15RLY + 27TFFC

I was thinking about put a baffle step compensation. The width of baffle is 16 cm, f3 is 750 hz and the 1 order filter of l15 rey/p is 750 hz as well. You would increse the l pad atenuation of twiter up to 12 db without a baffle steep compensation filter?
Thanks in advance.

Baffle step compensation is already incorporated in your crossover. That's why you have relatively large coil on L15.

My speakers are 17.6cm wide and i have low Q mild notch filter to cope with baffle step but my series coil is just 1mH.

Both solutions are good if midwoofer measured in that specific cabinet allows it. In my configuration i have got better results with the crossover that i'm using now.

The best thing you could do, as Andy suggested, is measure your speakers in your cabinets. Then we could see what can we do to help.

Last edited:
Try with the L-pad mod. This is what frequency response looks like with Zaph's crossover and my measurements. Blue is my crossover and red iz Zaph's. My crossover point is lower (1700Hz) but adding larger coil didn't sound good. If you still experience the same problem after modifications of Lpad, then i'll suggest different approach for midwoofer crossover.

Attachments

• Zaph vs Zvu.jpg
    Zaph vs Zvu.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 157