Searching for Threshold schematics once online

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi folks,

with new, fresh energy I want to try a new idea and would need the old Threshold-schematics, some time ago online in NPs public directory (gone with the new website). They're the late Threshold schematics called

thr_os89.tif and thr_fe89.tif

Since I don't want to put my email here, please drop me a short line if I could have them from you! I will immediately reply!

Thank you very much! All the best, Hannes

PS: oh and some good advice: ALWAYS download ALL stuff from the great emperor.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member

Attachments

• thr_os89.jpg
    thr_os89.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 483
h_a said:
The frontend has nothing peculiar to do with that.

Don't worry about this now and work on a single amp first. Or is the additional wattage really that hard needed?

Have fun, Hannes

Hi Hannes

Actually I already have all the parts for the front end. I really concern about the connection points between the front end and the output stage. That is why I have been putting this project on hold until everything is clear before I go further.

Attachments

• rimg0043.jpg
    rimg0043.jpg
    70.3 KB · Views: 310
Dear fellow,

you're missing much more than that.

Just look at the front end pins! You will note that crucial parts are not contained in the front end schematic - I mean crucial for full operation of a real amp (not topology wise).

The easy things are input impedance (voltage divider at the input), the bias pot for the VBE-multiplier and offset adjust.

The not so easy one is frequency compensation. For that one you will likely need an oscilloscope and a bit of fiddling to get it right. Or you could give simulation a go.

Please don't get me wrong, but I think you're not yet up to cloning this amp on your own.

Why don't you build one of those cute Alephs first?

Have fun, Hannes

PS: by the way, not a nice way to store parts :eek:

h_a said:
Dear fellow,

you're missing much more than that.

Just look at the front end pins! You will note that crucial parts are not contained in the front end schematic - I mean crucial for full operation of a real amp (not topology wise).

The easy things are input impedance (voltage divider at the input), the bias pot for the VBE-multiplier and offset adjust.

The not so easy one is frequency compensation. For that one you will likely need an oscilloscope and a bit of fiddling to get it right. Or you could give simulation a go.

Please don't get me wrong, but I think you're not yet up to cloning this amp on your own.

Why don't you build one of those cute Alephs first?

Have fun, Hannes

PS: by the way, not a nice way to store parts :eek:

Hi Hannes

Are you sure it is not a complete schematic? I have the service manual of the SA series and in the manual there is also a layout of the pcb for the front end. The parts on the schematic are same as those on the pcb layout.

Attachments

• sa (19).jpg
    sa (19).jpg
    76 KB · Views: 251
Ah I see you're talking about the original '89 frontend! I was referring to the '90 version that never went into series (that I'm interested in). Sorry!

Of course that's a different story - however it has also unknowns as the 'to stasis collector' connection. I did not bother to look closer at that, but it's probably easy to figure out.

Have fun, Hannes

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.