sda2 full on Daphile

I'm using Daphile for a while as I'm running my server in a virtual machine (Oracle Virtualbox).

Ran without any issues but I recently noticed that sda2 is full. I would like to extend this partition. I know this is more or a Linux question than an LMS question but would appreciate any pointers on how to do this.

Hmm, the settings are tweaked in the UI which would mean Daphile has to be running, right?

I have created a new instance (very easy on a virtual machine environment), created a 64GB disk and allocated everything. So DaphileBoot is 1GB and the rest is allocated to DaphileData. Of course this still doesn't address the question on how to extend it if needed

I may have to try out adding a network drive from the Settings | Storage menu and select usage as 'Music'. Wonder whether this creates some kind of logical volume 'Music' and the OS manages where data is stored physically
Network drive, usage as Music

Virtualbox control UI can run without having started the virtual machine itself. Just type virtualbox in terminal.

After resizing the virtual harddisk you will have to enlarge the partition and the filesystem.

Here is a tutorial for resizing the HDD How To Enlarge a Virtual Machine’s Disk in VirtualBox or VMware .

The partition and filesystem (ext4 according to 403 Forbidden ) must be resized with some linux running in the virtualbox with that virtual drive attached. I do not know if daphile has the tools required, it's very cut-down. A live image of any regular linux distribution would do, my choice is Mint Mate. Just attach the downloaded iso to your virtual machine as a cd/dvd a boot from it. In terminal you can resize your partition (I like cfdisk, gparted is OK too) and resize the filesystem (resize2fs /dev/sdX2)

Last edited: