Scratching/Hissing sound

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi iam having a issuie with my class d amp which is a sure 2x300 watt amp based on the TAS5630 ( Sure Electronics' webstore 2 x 300 Watt 4 Ohm Class D Audio Amplifier Board - TAS5630 ). I am using SMPS500R from connexelectronic to power it.

The problem is when i connect it to my pc onboard audio i get this Scratching/Hissing sound out the speakers when there no music playing however the noise changes any time i move the mouse or press the voulme keys on the keyboard . When i play music the noise is still there at only the lower volumes.

However when i connect the rca to my mobile nexus 6p i get non of this hiss at any volume no hiss at all.

Also when i used the onboard sound hooked to a cambridge audio azur 350A i got no hiss from the speakers
http://connexelectronic.com/product...ucts_id/118?osCsid=hencfbjluche33ftpq3g21uu85

This is caused by the ground-loop your computer and the amp is having via earth. There's not much you can do about except having a ground-loop-breaker circuit or an isolation transformer, or an SMPS without earth connection.

(Unconnecting the earth from your actual SMPS isn't a solution)

would switching over to using optical output of the sound card do anything or waste of time?

Thanks

so i have brought a FX-audio DAC-x3 so that i could use opical out to see if the noise would go and the result is that the noise has heavily reduced its still got some noise but nothing like it was before and it doesnt make noises when i move the mouse around like before

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.