Schematic for MF X-ray cd palyer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Would anyone have the schematic for MF X-ray 24 bit cd palyer?
Is it will have significant improvement if i put the LC clock system in the machine? I also planned to replace the capacitors inside the unit. Which one (brand/ rating) will be better?

Thanks

hatasa, looking at the pictures it seems that Guido Tent's clock would be even better to use here

http://www.triodedick.com/cd_klok.htm

As you see it is also "clock in a can type" and would be perfect fit to the place of an old clock.

This would avoid the long wires (which pick up any RF you have in there) and also would greate a lot less RF itself.

Ergo

PS. I'm currently wating my own Tent clock and I sure give feedback when I have the results (I don't have the same player..)

Hi,

Yes! The installation of the LCXO2 in X-ray with the long wire. I think it is not good enough also. But it is the best position for the LCXO2 in the X-ray already.

But for the result, the improvement still amazing even wiring like this..... ;)

Ofcoz I think I should try to find the shorter wiring method for the LCXO2..... it should get the better performance!!

Thanks for the advise!

Joined 2002
Paid Member
This would avoid the long wires (which pick up any RF you have in there) and also would greate a lot less RF itself

The problem with long wires is easily fixed by adding a shield to them, this stop the RF noise getting in and out of the clock wires.

Also the Guido Tent's cystal only solution is not the optimal one because one of the the MAIN reasons of a clock module that improve performance is NOT only because it is more accurate, it is because the clock module insolates the clock signal from the noisy power and grounds in the CD player. So the clock signal outputed is much cleaner than before, also the clock noise is not injected into the power and ground and affecting the whole CD player.

I did try to mod a few CD players, once I have cleaned up the power supply and grounds of the CD player, the clock module brings much less improvement, sometimes no improvement at all, but before I cleaned up the power and ground, the clock module did bring a nice improvement.

Disabled Account
Joined 2002
Also the Guido Tent's cystal only solution is not the optimal one because one of the the MAIN reasons of a clock module that improve performance is NOT only because it is more accurate, it is because the clock module insolates the clock signal from the noisy power and grounds in the CD player. So the clock signal outputed is much cleaner than before, also the clock noise is not injected into the power and ground and affecting the whole CD player.

I agree with that but my experience is that when you use the XO without his own clean supply there is a difference but far less than with a clean power supply. I have however never noticed no difference as you state. There was always a difference because the jitter is a lot less with the XO ( clean supply or not, other mods or not ).
Nevertheless it deserves its own supply. When applied right the difference can be awesome. Especially with Philips/Marantz players of the older generations.

salute folks

ive been modifiyng my player since 2 years ago with big improvments.

the recent mod was the audiomods superclock.

the improvemnt was so huge that i spent the whole nite listening music when first installed !!!

i recommend everyone to make good power supplies & separate transformers for the dac. (lm 317 type)

to all that already installed different brand of clocks.
do not power up from players rail !!!!!!

you are loosing half of the benefit.

thanks
richt

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.