Satori Mid vs SS Mid

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
You can't expect the MR13P to direct jump to two 12" dipole woofers.

you will likely also purchase the 10" Faital 10FE200 or Dayton Audio PA255-8 for a 3-way dipole baffle.

[/QUOTE]

The Faital looks smoother, theres a decent dip in the Dayton. 10inch is kind of big for a "mid" the have 8 inch models that might fill the gap.

Maybe this one could do the trick : Tang Band W8-1772 8" Neodymium Full Range Driver

If you expect - 3 dB bafle step in home environment instead - 6 dB because the help of the nearest side & front walls even at more than 1 meter, you can deal with 92 dB sensivity from your 300 to .... the fountek with a higher XO for this last ! Although a little boost could help in the baflle step area or a RL correction (coil//resistor in serie) if passive on the Tang Band ?

You stay 3 way and can even test 2 ways configuration with this driver, XMax at 3 mm is maybe enough !

Why not try to XO the Founteq where the C2C is less important if you use a FR: very high at > 8 K Hz (look at some designs like the ZU Audio line with some XO at 12 KhZ with a FR below !

But if OT, why do you think fellows about the best XO for a mid-bass OB driver ? 180 Hz à la T. Gravsen classic OB or more 300 to 800 Hz with a 12" without bafle (and no boost) ? It helps also to decide te thrade off with the upper drivers, no ?

Last edited:
Hi all, I will be on/off the board as we have had a death in the family. I tried simming the peerless 830883, SB 13P and fountek neo x 3.

They dont sim nice at all. I used PCD. Fountek only provides Fr to 1khz which seems to be a problem. Note I am using SPL traces and not actuals. my XO points were 1.2 and 3.5k. Ill try to figure a way to zip the frd/zma files. Also I guess I should be using actual measurements for each driver on the baffle?

Attachments

• rev 8 capture.JPG
    rev 8 capture.JPG
    67 KB · Views: 556
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.